Monday, December 2, 2013

Traumatic Lives of Animals

Can't sleep.... Still traumatized from the horrors of the day..... I know better....... Bird Mart/Fair/Show...... So very many sad little souls locked in cages.... No where to go..... No way out of their prison.... I told myself I could go there to price wire and pick up food from our vendor...... WRONG....... Not without shedding tears, getting angry, swearing and having to walk away, only to return later to beg yet again for a life. I can't take it.... I can't go to those things without feeling their pain and dejection. Those eyes will haunt me, are haunting me, following my every thought....

First stop - a lady was in a car accident and is now disabled - needing to SELL her M2, SC2 and CAG. Not rehome, SELL. It broke my heart as the M2 was starting to pluck, had an inch of some sort of filth on the bottom of his tail and feet. The Grey had an nare the size of a large pea that looked infected and the SC2 was plucking as well. I gave her a brochure and told her to let me help the birds. She wanted money... Heartbroken I walk away.

Second stop - Breeders - birds in tiny cages - scared to death out in the open air with strangers gawking and pointing fingers in their little faces. Breeder greys, so scared and upset they are growling as they are confined in 18 inch cages with nothing but a perch and water and nasty seed cup. Plucking out their feathers, frantically searching for an escape from the madness. 5 Cockatoos - Never made a sound - One simply paced on his perch, all 12 inches of it........I screamed inside...... Heartbroken I walk away.

Third stop - A careless breeder trying to make a buck and you see a tiny little lovebird fly from its little prison as its mate calls for it. It flies to the trees....... Lost, frightened and most likely at the rainbow bridge by now. Hopefully as painless as possible. Now its mate can sit and call for the little life that is no more....... Heartbroken I walk away.

Cats, hairless guinea pigs, dogs, chickens, geese.... One goose was in a cage so small all it could do was stand. Not even room to turn around. I wanted to scream. As a matter of face I did yell about the injustice of it all and ask if they could not at least get a bigger cage. Heartbroken I walk away.


I NEED TO PUT IT AWAY, SADLY I CAN'T...... IT IS A LIVING NIGHTMARE.....

I AM SO VERY SORRY FOR THESE POOR LOST SOULS. I WISH I COULD MAKE IT STOP......

-DH

No comments:

Post a Comment